Alcoholism is a Disease
Alcoholism has been defined as a disease by the American Medical Association: this condition is chronic debilitating and fatal if left untreated. A few symptoms of Alcoholism are:
- Not being able to control how much you drink
- Progressively needing to drink more alcohol to achieve the same effects
- Hiding your drinking from others, 4) Avoiding normal social activities so you can drink instead
- Having blackouts from drinking too much (you don’t remember what happened)
- Continuing to drink even though it causes you problems
Consumable alcohol is actually ethyl alcohol (ethanol). It is made by fermenting yeast, sugars and starches. Read more!